Local Union 474 Michael J. Dooley Scholarship Applications for Fall Semester 2023 were mailed out July 14th.
Scholarship Benefit Checks will be distributed at the Regular Union Meeting in October.
NO CHECK WILL BE MAILED- MEMBER MUST ATTEND UNION MEETING TO PICK UP.
Pile Drivers, Divers & Dock Builders Local Union 474 Scholarship Fund Eligibility Criteria:
- The Scholarship Fund applicant must be a legally dependent child of a member of L.U. No. 474 to receive a Scholarship Fund benefit.
- Prior to receiving a benefit from this program, the member, who is a parent or legal guardian of the child that is seeking a benefit, must contribute an amount to this Scholarship program equal to 1,200 hours worked.
- The parent or legal guardian must qualify for full Health and Welfare Coverage via the Philadelphia Benefit Funds and or the Mid-Atlantic Carpenter Benefit funds, as determined by the Trustees of these Health and Welfare Benefit Funds.
- The dependent child must be enrolled as a full-time student that is not taking less than twelve (12) credits per semester, at an accredited college or university.
- The dependent children of retired or deceased L.U. 474 members, who are vested in the Scholarship fund, while working for signatory Employers in the performance of covered work may also receive a benefit from the Scholarship program if their dependent children apply for one and are in compliance with all other benefit qualification criteria outlined herein.
- A member’s dependent children that are enrolled in vocational schools, such as but not limited to, beautician, dental, and computer training schools, etc., will not receive a Scholarship benefit, as that is education that is not supported by the Scholarship program.
By signing and submitting the Fall 2023 Application Form, Member understands they must attend the Union Meeting in order to receive their child’s check.
No checks will be mailed to Members or Recipients.